You have in all probability heard about nanotechnology, but might have almost no idea as to what it’s all about and just how it pertains to you. Nanotechnology can make life easier for all of us; it’s not simply the stuff of science fiction. Basically, nanotechnology is the science of dealing with matter on an atomic scale.
The practical side of nanotechnology
As an example, Science Daily ran a feature story about scientists creating a way to use nanotechnology to lessen the amount of friction in car engines and machines. If this technology becomes commonplace, it can help extend the lives of machines and engines and help them operate more effectively. According to the Science Daily story, a team of scientists developed tiny polymer particles that were distributed in automobile engine base oils. When tested under conditions that simulated those found in car engines, these tiny particles were found to have an extraordinary capacity to reduce friction.
More efficient motors
Even when dispersed at low concentrations they decreased friction considerably, much more so then the friction additives currently being utilized in many industries today. How much more do they lessen friction? By about 55 percent more! Nanotechnology is a expanding industry so expect more breakthroughs like this. In fact it is growing so quickly that the United States recently launched a national strategy to be certain that environmental, health, and safety research requirements are addressed in the field.
The emerging world of nanotechnology
If you think, then, that nanotechnology is only good for Hollywood special effects blockbusters; just take a close look at your car’s engine. One day, nanotechnology may leave you with an engine that consumes less gas. That, of course, can give you a fatter wallet, and you’ll be able to thank nanotechnology for this.
Introduction to Wi-Fi Security from The PCA Group
About The PCA GroupA long-time technology leader in the Buffalo, New York area, The PCA Group has been serving customers like you since 1989. We work with small-, mid- and large-sized organizations in all industries.
- 10/08/2013 Want to be more productive at work? It’s time for a nap
- 10/03/2013 Breathing new life into a sluggish iPhone or iPad
- 10/01/2013 What features should your smartphone boast?
- 09/26/2013 Why learning about your Twitter followers matters
- 09/24/2013 You can overcome your printing problems
- 09/19/2013 Which path does your company take quality or quantity?
- 09/18/2013 Microsoft really thinks businesses need the Xbox One?
- 09/13/2013 A handy guide to the best free wallpaper sites
- 09/11/2013 Microsoft can’t kill off Windows XP
- 09/09/2013 What smartphone to buy? Does it even matter?
The PCA Group